3 CONNECTED BAY OFFER A TOTAL OF
(20) STATE OF THE ART LANES
The ranges at Reno Guns feature 20 state of the art lanes. Separating the range into 3 connected bays provides you with a series of premier range experiences. All the range lanes accommodate Handguns and Rifles unto and include .308. Each lane is equipped with the Meggitt Next Generation Wireless Target System for easier target retrieval while on the range. Our lanes also have a custom HVAC system to minimize lead and particulates on top of the Paragon Tactical - Super Trap® containment system for the range rounds. Our Trained Safety Officers are on range at all times to help you have a safe range experience.
Safety and Comfort
Bay 1 (10 Lanes)
- The range's first bay consists of 10 individual lanes. Throughout the range's bay you have the range of motion you need with spacious our spacious lane opening (3'9"-4' wide). Behind the range's shooting lines you also have a generous (14') walkthrough to get to your lanes.
Bay 2 (6 Lanes)
- The range's second bay is often used for training and private events. It features the same spacious accomodations as the rest of the range. The range's programmable scenarios, including a variety of maneuvers can be programmed to help to develop skill sets more effectively.
Bay 3 (4 Lanes)
- The range's third bay has private access and viewing available from a Special Events room. Bay 3 is also available for private events, training simulations, and the general public during selected times. Just like the rest of the range Bay 3 features the premier range containment system - SUPER TRAP®
Private Bay Reservation
- Our Range provides Private Reservations small and large groups. Reserving either the 4 Lane Bay or 6 Lane Bay you will have private access to our special events room. You will also enjoy easy access to the view room from the adjacent public area. When it comes to Birthday Parties, Anniversaries, and Corporate Outings we have you covered.
Our custom designed concrete block structure is the foundation that supports over 200,000 pounds of insulation, steel and rubber.
This includes 10 gauge-galvanized steel and 3/8” AR-500 BHN steel throughout the backstop, overhead baffles, safety ceiling and tactical bay side walls.
The Meggitt - Next Generation Wireless Target System (XWT) GEN3 is a 360o turning target retrieval system which moves along a rail system, powered by an internal direct-drive, dual-motor system, with anti-static wheels for quieter, smoother operation.
The XWT GEN3 pioneering technology provides a host of advantages:
- No bulky, noisy drive motors above the shooter’s head
- No track-mounted power feed rails or wires to be impacted and damaged
- No debris in tracks to clean or interfere with target operation
- Programmable scenarios, including a variety of maneuvers can be programmed to allow users to engage in an assortment of scenarios, helping to develop skill sets and train more effectively.
This Premier Range containment system is designed by Paragon Tactical – Super Trap®
The designed offers shooters protection from:
- Lead Contamination & Fire
At the core:
Bullets are captured and contained within the bullet trap, which is made up of ballistic rubber media.
Additionally the rubber is treated with:
- Gel-Cor®, a class “A” fire treatment
- ELIxIR® (DOD governmentally approved fire retardant material that will verifiably immobilize lead to less than (3ppm) which is far below the EPA hazardous materials threshold of (5ppm)
Ballistic Rubber Tiles (BRTs) are used throughout the range on walls, ceiling and baffles. These high density rubber tiles
- Eliminate ricochets and lead “splashback”
- Minimize airborne lead pollution
- Reduce noise levels
Along the walls and behind the BRTs, is an air pocket which allows stray rounds to freely drop to the floor for easy cleaning and lead mining.
Tactical bay is often used for advanced training
Tactical Shooting Ranges are different from static, or traditional firing range layouts in order to safely accommodate modern firearms training classes. The most prominent feature of a tactical firing range is the overall ceiling baffle layout. These baffles are positioned closer to each other with a ballistic plate overlap of about 8″. Our ballistic rubber trap system is designed to shoot up close, or at various angles, within the 20′ to point blank range. AR500 steel runs along the length of the bay (behind the air gap) for additional protection.