I began teaching in 1994 for RPD as a weaponless defense instructor. I went on to teach countless hours of weaponless defense, arrest and control tactics, less lethal, officer survival, Taser, OC spray, short/long/ASP baton. I have attended three 90 hour instructor courses, and a 40 hour instructor arrest control tactics school, taught by Mr. Koga.
After several years of instruction, I was selected as one of the lead instructors for RPD, and was one of only a handful of officers who were certified by POST in the State of NV. I taught for 12 years.
I continue to teach because I want to give back to my community, and share my real world experiences with other people. If I can impart some knowledge and wisdom to my future students about survival encounters and experiences, then I have done well in my task, and job.
2012 – Current Reno Guns & Range
- Nevada CCW Instructor
- UTAH CCW Instructor
- NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
- NRA Certified Inside/Outside the Home Personal Defense Instructor
- I.C.E. Training Reality Based Training Instructor
- I.C.E. Training Defensive Firearms Coach Instructor Development
- I.C.E. Training Combat Focus Shooting Instructor Development
2013 - 2014 Pershing County Sheriff’s Office (Burning Man)
- Deputy Sheriff
1988 – 2012 Reno Police Department
- Patrol Officer
- Gang Enforcement Unit
- Street Crimes Unit (Plain Clothes/Undercover)
- Downtown Police Mountain Bike Enforcement Team
- Defensive Tactics Lead Instructor
- ASP Baton Instructor
- Taser C.E.W. Instructor
1984 – 1988 U.S. Army/U.S. Army Reserves
- 2nd LT 2nd AD Division
- Captain U.S. Army Reserves